The Zamzows Table: Spinach Artichoke Dip
Zamzows Table: Spinach Artichoke Dip
Spinach artichoke dip is my go-to addition to any gathering. My spinach artichoke dip often makes an appearance at our annual Oscar party, Super Bowl gathering, or just a Sunday hang. The simple ingredients and quick prep time make it an easy inclusion that always satisfies.
From the Garden
- Two to three handfuls of Baby Spinach - You can use frozen chopped spinach, but wilting the fresh greens makes a big difference. I have even made this using dandelion greens!
- Garlic - two to three cloves, finely chopped.
From the Store
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise - If you like homemade mayo, give it a go!
- 1 cup skim Mozzarella cheese.
- 1 - 8 oz. block of cream cheese.
- 1 - 8 oz. jar of artichoke hearts, drained and sliced.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Add about one tablespoon of olive oil to a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add your baby spinach greens to your skillet and gently mix until the leaves are wilted and reduced. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Dice your garlic and artichoke hearts. Grate your mozzarella cheese.
- Soften your cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl. Add your sour cream, mayo, and mozzarella cheese. Using a rubber spatula, mix these all until fully incorporated.
- Mix in your garlic, wilted spinach, and artichoke hearts and incorporate.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in your preheated oven for about 15 to 20 minutes until the cheese has melted and it's just starting to bubble.
- Serve warm with your favorite crackers or crispy bread!
For how fancy and delicious this spinach artichoke dip tastes, it is hard to believe it is this easy to bring together. It is an easy addition to a snack table at any event. It's also very versatile. Sometimes, I will add a little hot sauce over the top. It pairs well with oysters and other seafood, and it is just as at home at a summer picnic. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do.