Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Pondcare Algaefix 64 OZ
Fast-acting API POND ALGAEFIX Algae Control works to control algae growth in ponds, water gardens, and fountains, keeping water clean and clear. API POND ALGAEFIX Algae Control works to control Green or Green water algae, String or Hair algae and Blanketweed. Will not harm fish and plants when used as directed. API POND ALGAEFIX Algae Control is for pond and fountain use only, where water is contained without any outflow. Ponds must have adequate aeration to maintain sufficient oxygen levels for fish, especially in warmer weather. To determine accurate dosing for your pond size, measure the pond volume before use. Do not use with freshwater crustaceans, including shrimp, crabs, and lobsters. With API POND products, it’s easy to keep a beautiful pond. For almost 60 years API has developed premium solutions with proven and effective results for your family and ours. API offers a range of testing kits, water conditioners, and nutritionally superior food, because we’re dedicated to making a better underwater world. They work to provide a safe, hospitable environment for fish such as koi, catfish, perch, goldfish and more. At API, we understand the rewards and relaxation of fishkeeping because we have a passion for fish too.
- Helps resolve algae problems and controls the formation of new algae; works fast; effectively controls most types of algae including green water (Chlorella), string and hair algae (Cladophora), blanket weed algae (Oedogonium) in ponds, koi ponds and fountains
- This EPA-registered pond algaecide will not harm fish, plants, surrounding wildlife and pets when used as directed
- Does not contain copper
- Before use, make certain that the pond/fountain has vigorous aeration; thoroughly mix into pond/fountain water and disperse evenly; Repeat dose every three days until algae is controlled; dose weekly to keep pond or fountain clean and clear and to reduce maintenance
- Contains one (1) API POND ALGAEFIX Algae Control 64-Ounce Bottle; treats up to 19,200 U.S Gallons
- Treats up to 19200 gallons
Ingredients: Poly [Oxyethylene (Dimethyliminio) Ethylene (Dimethyliminio) Ethylene Dichloride]; Other Ingredients
Use Instructions: To ensure accurate dosing, determine pond volume before use. Do not overdose. Add 1 teaspoon (5 ml) for each 50 gallons or 0.25 cup for each 600 gallons of pond or fountain water. Thoroughly mix into pond water by adding near the pump outflow, waterfall, or aeration device. It can be mixed in a bucket and dispersed evenly around the pond. Repeat dose every 3 days until algae is controlled. Once algae growth is under control, add one dose per week. Weekly doses will control algae growth and reduce pond maintenance. Do not use with freshwater crustaceans including shrimp, crabs, and lobsters.Before using, make certain that the pond has vigorous aeration, i.e., a fountain or aeration device to avoid fish loss due to low oxygen levels. When algae is controlled and removed by the filter or settles to the bottom of the pond, the oxygen level may drop to harmful levels if adequate aeration is not provided. In warm weather, pond water carries much less oxygen. Therefore, when using during warm weather and high water temperatures, vigorous, 24 hour aeration is required for the duration of the treatment. Do not shut off pond pumps and aeration devices at night.
Storage Instructions: Store in a cool, dry place