Kaytee Exact Hand Feeding Formula For Baby Birds 7.5 OZ
Kaytee exact Hand Feeding Formula was one of the first "instant" formulas available and is one of the most researched and respected products used by professional breeders, veterinarians and conservation programs throughout the world. exact High Fat Hand Feeding Formula provides 75% more fat than the original formula to support chick growth and development, particularly of neonates and older chicks that respond well to elevated fat levels such as most African species, macaws, and black cockatoos. This high-nutrient formula was developed for the needs of baby birds and it is suggested for all incubator-hatched chicks for the first month of life. When used properly, exact food will support a healthy crop. exact Hand Feeding Formula contains probiotics to encourage a healthy population of intestinal microorganisms. The selected species have been chosen specifically for their vitality, stability, and overall benefits to a bird's system.
Kaytee understands that sharing your life with a pet bird is not only enjoyable but very enriching. Kaytee shows our love by ensuring we provide your pet bird with the best nutrition for a long and healthy life. With over 150 years of avian nutritional experience, it's no wonder why Kaytee is at the heart of every healthy feeding routine.
Hand Feeding Article
Exact Hand Feeding Educational Reference Guide
- Balanced high-nutrient formula helps babies grow faster, wean earlier and develop stronger, brighter plumage.
- Contains probiotics to encourage a healthy population of intestinal microorganisms.
- Digestive enzymes are included to ensure adequate digestion of carbohydrates and proteins. These enzymes offer a particular value to a newly hatched baby or in a bird experiencing digestive difficulties.
- Exact Hand Feeding Formula has compatible tastes and ingredients with exact Conversion and exact Adult Daily Diets to help reduce digestive upsets during weaning
- This product is formulated for use with Baby Parrots (including Parakeets, Lovebirds, Cockatiels, Conures, Cockatoos, Macaws, Amazons, African Greys, and other Psittacines) & Baby Passerines.
Please read all the instructions before using the exact Hand Feeding Formula. Use the following chart to mix formula according to the chick's age. It is always advised to weigh formula and water to assure proper concentrations. Volume measurements are less accurate but usually sufficient.
1. Combine formula and hot water (approx. 120°F) in a clean, sanitized container according to the age chart above. (If your tap water contains bacteria, the use of boiled or bottled water is recommended.)
2. Mix formula thoroughly and allow it to sit for one minute.
3. Cool mixture to 105°F (or between 102° - 110°F). The mixture should have the consistency of thick creamy pudding. If a smoother consistency is desired, stir product vigorously at this time, which aids in activating added enzymes.
Special Notes For Preparation
IMPORTANT - Do Not Reuse Mixed Formula!! Discard and mix fresh at each feeding.
For hatch to 2 days old - formula should be made in small quantities and thoroughly stirred before feeding. Separation should be expected and is not a problem at this early stage because primary requirements are for water and water-soluble nutrients. A