Job title: Stock/Customer Service Associate
Classification: nonexempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Reports to: Store Manager
Stock/Customer Service Associates keep the store clean and well stocked, organize the warehouse, perform cleaning and other maintenance tasks, and provide “service beyond customer expectations” by providing a customer friendly environment (greeting and acknowledging each customer, maintaining product knowledge and answering questions, and carrying out product).
- Restocking shelves throughout the store with product/inventory
- Keeping the store’s warehouse organized and neat
- Helping the store management team record product counts for ordering needs
- Setting up and taking down store displays
- Dispensing propane
- Using store tractors for loading bulk product
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the store and outside property (sweeping, emptying garbage, pulling weeds, etc.)
- Follow all safety procedures and use safety equipment.
- Customer service: greeting customers, answering questions, carrying out product
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to lift between 50 and 80 pounds on a regular basis and throughout a work shift
- Must have good communication skills and be comfortable approaching customers
- Must be available ALL days of the week for all shifts. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, Saturdays and Sunday
- Punctuality, good attendance and dependability are required
- Must be able to work in both a team environment and also with minimal supervision
Required education and experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred education and experience:
- Retail and customer service experience preferred
Supervisory responsibilities: None
Work environment: This job operates in a retail environment with plants, chemicals, dirt and live animals. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts, or bright lights. Merchandise stocking will be conducted indoors. Customer carry-outs, propane dispensing, bulk product loading, and other duties will require that an employee work outdoors in both the hot and cold.
Physical demands: This position is very active. The employee must frequently reach, lift, stack and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights of more than 50 lbs., within the range of floor level to overhead. The employee must push and pull fully loaded hand trucks and pallet jacks. The employee must stand, walk and move rapidly for long periods of time and well as frequently bend, stoop, and reach and occasionally climb ladders. Employee must be able to safely operate equipment such as a tractor.
Position type and expected hours of work: This position may be full-time or part-time as per store scheduling requirements. Days and hours of work vary by schedule. Evening and weekend work may be required as schedule demands.
Travel: None required