Job title: Warehouse Associate (Distribution)
This position is a temporary full time position at the Zamzows Distribution Center located in Nampa, Idaho.
Reports to: Distribution Manager
This position is responsible for ensuring that incoming stock is unloaded and stored correctly and safely in the warehouse. This position is responsible for filling orders by reviewing orders, picking materials from the shelves, wrapping, and loading on to the delivery truck. Warehouse Associates are responsible for the completeness and correctness of all orders filled.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Receives, tracks, and maintains working inventory levels in the warehouse to ensure that all orders can be filled and delivered as needed in a timely manner.
- Ensures incoming stock is unloaded and stored correctly and safely in the warehouse.
- Fills orders by reviewing orders, picking materials from the shelves, wrapping, and loading on to the delivery truck according to standards.
- Move materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas using pallet jack, forklift, or other equipment.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color or product code.
- Mark materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
- Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed via appropriate computer program.
- Assist in counting of physical inventory.
- Prepare parcels for mailing.
- Utilizes docks, warehouse layout and route truck loading patterns and other techniques to increase efficiency and safety.
- Follows all safety procedures and safely operates equipment to move materials to and from storage configurations.
- Organizes warehouse and work area for orderliness, cleanliness, and safety at all times.
- Assists with special projects.
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent years of experience.
- Detail oriented.
- Basic computer skills with ability to learn computer inventory system and how to use handheld scanner.
- Ability to stand, bend, stoop, and reach and lift 25-50 lbs repeatedly through shift.
Required education and experience:
- Must be able to read and count accurately, write legibly, and have basic math and computer skills.
- One year of prior warehouse experience.
- Prior experience with pallet jacks and forklifts.
Supervisory responsibilities: None
Work environment: This position works in a warehouse setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, handheld bar code scanners, and standard warehouse equipment such as hand trucks, box cutters tape dispensers, pallet jacks, and forklifts. Must be able to work in extreme hot and cold environment.
Physical demands: This position is very active. The employee must frequently reach, lift, stack and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights of more than 50 lbs., within the range of floor level to overhead. The employee must push and pull fully loaded hand trucks and pallet jacks. The employee must stand, walk and move rapidly for long periods of time and well as frequently bend, stoop, and reach and occasionally climb ladders. Employee must be able to safely operate equipment such as a forklift.
Position type and expected hours of work: This position may be full-time or part-time as per warehouse scheduling requirements. Days worked are generally Monday – Friday and hours of work vary by schedule.
Travel: Occasionally local travel may be required during the workday.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.