Job title: Retail Sales / Stock / Customer Service
Classification: Nonexempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) (eligible for overtime)
Reports to: Store Manager
The Retail Sakes/ Stock/ Customer Service Associate supports a number of areas in the store and must be willing to be flexible in their scope of work.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by greeting and acknowledging every guest and answering questions regarding products.
- Direct customers by escorting them to products; help customers make selections.
- Accurately and efficiently complete all sales transactions including cash-handling and using POS registers.
- Maintain cleanliness of all areas of the store including grounds and restrooms.
- Assist with unloading trucks and processing freight.
- Stock and organize merchandise as necessary.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and practices, including signing, pricing, and loss prevention.
- Restocking shelves throughout the store with product/inventory
- Keeping the store’s warehouse organized and neat
- Helping the store management team record product counts for ordering needs
- Setting up and taking down store displays
- Dispensing propane
- Using store tractors for loading bulk product
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the store and outside property (sweeping, emptying garbage, pulling weeds, etc.)
- Follow all safety procedures and use safety equipment
- Must be 18 or older
- Authentic desire to provide “service beyond customer’s expectations”
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- High sense of urgency
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to conduct self in a professional and respectful manner with customers and employees
- Communication Skills: Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Mathematical Skills: Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Able to use a calculator.
- Schedule flexibility that includes evenings, weekends, and holidays
Required education and experience:
- No specific educational accomplishment is required. No experience is required.
Preferred education and experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- 1-2 years of customer service experience with POS and cash-handling experience preferred
Supervisory responsibilities: None
Work environment: This job operates in a retail environment with plants, chemicals, dirt and live animals. Work for most Retail Associates will be indoor; however, as necessary Retail Associates will be required to work in a greenhouse or outdoor environment and must be willing to work in summer heat.
Physical demands: This position involves constant moving and standing. Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours. Involves lifting at least 30 lbs. May occasionally involve reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders. May involve reaching above eye level. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
Position type and expected hours of work:
Must be flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
Travel: No travel required