The Cashier is position is responsible for maintaining guest service, generating sales, housekeeping, and cash register operations (POS) in adherence to all company policy/store standards.
· Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by greeting and acknowledging every guest and answering questions regarding products.
· Stay current with product information, merchandise promotions, test merchandise and advertisements.
· Process customer transactions quickly, accurately, and efficiently.
· Understand the Point of Sale (POS) system, and handle various tenders such as cash, checks, credit, debit, company programs (ex. Lawn Care Program), coupons and checkout procedures according to company policies
· Engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques.
· Answer telephone inquiries.
· Address customer complaints in a positive manner. Communicate guest requests to management.
· Understand and adhere to shrink guidelines as it relates to front end operations.
· Maintain a clean and organized work station and assist with other store housekeeping.
· Report all safety risks or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
· Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines.
· Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
· Excellent customer service skills
· Must be able to work a flexible work schedule, be punctual and have excellent attendance. Weekends are required.
· Must be able to work in a team environment and with limited supervision
Required education and experience:
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office computer programs
· Experience with a Point of Sale (POS) system
· Basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide) to ensure accuracy in recording sales and handling monetary transactions
Preferred education and experience:
· 1 year of cashier experience in retail environment
Supervisory responsibilities: None
Work environment: The work will be indoors in a retail environment with plants, chemicals, dirt and live animals. Must be comfortable handling these products to ring them up.
Physical demands: Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
Position type and expected hours of work: Full-time or part-time: schedules depend on each store staffing. Days and hours of work vary and evening and weekend work may be required as schedule demands.
Travel: No travel required