Job title: Commercial Property Manager
Classification: Exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) (not eligible for overtime)
Reports to: Co-Chief Executive Officers
The Commercial Property Manager is the go-to person who takes care of all the details required to run Zamzow’s Inc. commercial buildings. This role requires a high level of organization and the ability to successfully resolve customer service questions and provide a point of contact for tenants and building owners.
- Responsible for marketing the vacant rental properties to ensure properties are generating revenue. This may include working with the marketing department to create signage, social media presence and advertising in local publications.
- Show available spaces to businesses seeking commercial space.
- Execute background and credit checks on prospective tenants.
- Responsible for creating and signing lease agreements, negotiating lease terms, and establishing expectations for the tenant and property owner, and updating leases to attract and retail quality tenants.
- Responsible for updating current leases before they expire.
- Oversee all maintenance on the properties, working with third-party service providers to repair and maintain crucial building systems like HVAC, plumbing and electric. May negotiate and prepare contracts for long-term maintenance activities and individual projects to ensure they are completed according to expectations.
- Responsible to respond to tenants’ requests for service or repairs.
- Oversee the interior and exterior of the buildings and properties including landscaping, and painting, electrical and plumbing systems, windows, doors and floors.
- Responsible for inspecting Zamzow’s, Inc. commercial properties on a regular basis and make recommendations to the owners for repairs and upgrades as you see fit.
- Responsible for instituting collection procedures on late-paying tenants.
- Ability to work independently with little or no direct supervision.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to resolve conflict.
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking skills with the ability to quickly pivot between the varied responsibilities of this position.
- Diplomacy and skill with compromise is vital for creating leases that benefit both parties.
- Familiarity with marketing principles and practices.
- Comprehensive skill in oral and written communication; utilization of Microsoft Excel, Word, and other related software.
- Extensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); fiscal monitoring and control mechanisms; budgeting methods and techniques; financial management.
Preferred education and experience:
- Real Estate license
- Proven track record in property management.
Supervisory responsibilities: This position has no direct reports.
Work environment: This job operates in a professional office environment as well as working on site at the commercial properties. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position type and expected hours of work: This is a full time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Some flexibility in hours is allowed. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel: Travel is primarily local (in the Treasure Valley) during the business day.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.