Job title: Accounts Payable Clerk
Classification: Non-Exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) (eligible for overtime)
Reports to: Controller
Using established guidelines, the Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible to perform the complete Accounts Payable function, ensuring that all accounts are properly paid, and that all invoices are posted to provide accurate management reports. This position will work approximately 30 hours per week.
- Review payable invoices for accuracy and match to the purchase order submitted for authorization of purchase.
- Correspond or communicate with Accounts Payable vendors when necessary to correct or modify invoices received.
- Code payable invoices with correct general ledger codes to ensure proper entry into the computer.
- Batch process pre-coded invoices by adding invoices together on calculator, enter into computer and run related reports.
- Balance with calculator tape to ensure accuracy of posting
- Update balanced postings to the general ledger
- Process manual checks on a daily basis for payment request that are presented and have been pre-approved. Process computer generated checks weekly for vendor invoices.
- On a monthly basis produce all reports for month-end processing to ensure an accurate accounting of all invoices outstanding at month-end, and balance report with the corresponding general ledger accounts
- Organize and file, or oversee the filing of, all invoices and checks to properly maintain an orderly and accurate filing system.
- On a daily basis receive from bank, and enter into the computer, the foreign currency exchange rates.
- Assist with data entry of general journal entries when it is requested of required for balancing account.
- Cover front desk to answer phones and greet visitors when the administrative assistant is on breaks or out of the office.
- Excellent communication (written, verbal, and phone) and computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) to work with, outside vendors and or groups, corporate office staff, and store staff at all levels.
- Must be flexible and able to complete projects as part of a team
- Imperative to be organized and thorough.
- Must be able to work with people and maintain a high degree of confidentiality
Required education and experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years’ experience in Accounts Payable
Supervisory responsibilities: None
Work environment: This job generally operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical demands: This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position type and expected hours of work: Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, sometime between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. The employee must work 30 hours each week to maintain full-time status. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel: Travel is primarily local (in the Treasure Valley) during the business day.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.